Living in Mile End & Bow
There’s lots to do in Mile End and Bow, from parks and sports, to pubs and canal walks.
To the North you find Victoria Park, one of the city’s oldest and largest parks and a thriving village, and to the East is the Olympic Park and Westfield shopping centre in Stratford. Directly adjacent to St Clements to the South is Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, a hidden gem of green space with regular cultural activities and guided walks. To the West is Mile End Leisure Centre and park, and the winding Regent’s canal. Roman Road is close by, with amenities including a bustling market and large library. Great cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars abound – check the links below for some top tips.
Mile End tube station is a 5 minute walk from St Clements, with links on the Central, District, and Hammersmith & City lines. Bow Road DLR station is also close by, and provides an easy way to get to destinations including Stratford, Canary Wharf and London City Airport. A wide variety of buses serve the area, and bike-sharing docking stations are dotted around. Download the Citymapper app for the most comprehensive and up to date travel planning information for London.
Here are some of our favourite places to find out what’s going on in Bow and Mile End:
- Time Out London’s Guide to Mile End
- Roman Road LDN: https://romanroadlondon.com (or follow them on Facebook for regular updates)
- Best local pubs: https://romanroadlondon.com/best-local-pubs/
- Roman Road Market runs from 10am to 3.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 9am to 4pm on Saturdays
- Columbia Road flower market runs every Sunday (Bethnal Green tube)